If you are a developer creating a game or experience for the Rift, you will need this SDK.
- The SDK now supports protected content, which is designed to avoid any reflection by the composer. For more information, see Protecting Content.
- The process of synchronizing the touch controller has improved. For more information, see Pairing Oculus Touch Drivers.
Changes in the API
- There are no changes in version 1.4.0.
The following are known issues:
- Version 16.5.2 of the AMD driver may cause blinking on the computer screen. If you encounter this problem, use the 16.5.1 driver.
- There are some USB chipsets that do not meet the USB 3.0 specification and are incompatible with the Oculus Rift sensor. If you receive a notification in Oculus Home or in the Oculus application, connect the sensor to another USB 3.0 port (blue). If none of the USB 3.0 ports work plugs the sensor into a USB 2.0 (black) port.
- Antivirus software, such as a McAfee, can cause installation problems. To avoid the problem, make sure you have the latest updates and disable real-time scanning.
- If you encounter installation problems, delete the Oculus folder and install the software again.
- If the Rift shows a message that prompts you to remove the handset, remove it and place it on a flat surface for 10-15 seconds.
- The keyboard and mouse do not work on Oculus Home. To select an item, look at it and select it using the Oculus remote or the Xbox controller.
- Bandwidth-intensive USB devices, such as webcams and high-end audio interfaces, may not work when using the Rift. To work around this problem, install the device on another USB host controller or on a separate computer.
- For dual-boot systems using HMD DK2 or CB1, the OS selection screen may appear on the HMD instead of the monitor. To avoid this, try to connect the HMD to a different port or unplug the HMD during startup.
- If you are running the application from the Unity Editor and press the start button of the driver to return to Oculus Home, you will be prompted to close the application. If you select OK, Unity can remain in a state in which it is running, but you will never get the focus. To avoid this, restart Unity.
Important Information Of Software