Guard RSS feed reader is simple (yet powerful). It is able to get more formats known sources, including RSS / RDF and Atom.
RSS Guard is developed on top of the Qt library and is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP and later,
- GNU / Linux,
- OS / 2 (eComStation)
- Mac OS X,
- xBSD (possibly)
- Android (possibly)
- other platforms supported by Qt.
RSS Guard is written in C ++. It is quite fast, even with a lot of messages loaded. The main features are:
- Support for synchronization in power line through plugins, Tiny RSS (RSS-Guard 3.0.0).
- support for all font formats,
- import / export of food to / from OPML 2.0,
- downloader with own tab and support for up to 6 parallel downloads,
- filter messages using regular expressions,
- feed fetching metadata including icons,
- Simple Adblock functionality,
- custom pop-up notifications,
- autocompletion based on Google for the internal web browser address bar,
- capacity internal database cleanup messages with various options,
- improved feed automatic update with separate time intervals,
- support for multiple back-end data, SQLite (in memory DB too), and MySQL.
- It is able to specify the target database by name (MySQL engine)
- help "portable" smart auto-sensing mode,
- categorization supply,
- drag and drop to the list of sources,
- automatic update,
- ability to discover existing foods on websites,
- full support of the podcasts (both RSS and Atom)
- ability to backup / restores the database or adjustments,
- with all functions-recycle bin,
- printing messages and web pages,
- It can be completely controlled via the keyboard,
- supply authentication (CRAM-MD5, basic, NTLM-2),
- handles messages and tons of feed,
- sweet look and feel,
- Fully adjustable toolbars (interchangeable buttons and style)
- ability to check for updates on all platforms + auto-update Windows,
- hideable main menu, toolbars and the list of headers,
- KFeanza-based default icons theme + ability to create your own icon themes,
- Fully customizable user interface + ability to create their own skins,
- See "Daily"
- a lot of skins,
- support to "feed: //" URI scheme,
- ability to list feeds / hide categories,
- development model based on open source GNU GPL license, version 3,
- tabbed interface,
- integrated web browser with adjustable behavior + supports external browser,
- internal web browser mouse gestures support,
- desktop integration through tray icon,
- locations some languages,
- Qt library is the only dependency,
- the development model of open source and author of use pending review,
- No ads, no hidden costs.
- RSS Guard now supports icon themes of the entire system and Windows -> built in Faenza topic was set.
- The own cloud plug-in can now add the content and rename feed.
- Some strollers and code errors minor.
- Fixed problem the total number of messages.
Important Information Of Software
Windows XP / Vista / 7/8/10
May 07, 2016